Research, design, develop, test, or supervise the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment, components, or systems for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use.
Electrical Design Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Electrical Design Engineer to join our team.
- Gather input for project details (general arrangement drawings) from local vendors;
- Provide support to secondary team for reviewing vendor drawings;
- Check of pre-award evaluation of vendors and forward clarifications and closures to supply chain management;
- Submit of all design deliverables to the client/consultant as required;
- Prepare deliverables such as equipment layouts, cable routing layouts, earthing layouts, lighting layouts etc;
- Gather input for project details (plot details, feeder arrangements etc.) from clients;
- Attend project meetings;
- Provide support to the site execution teams;
- Work with multiple departments to ensure inter-departmental checks are carried out;
- Communicate client comments to the design team and facilitate document re-submissions.
- Electrical Engineering Degree;
- CAD software experience;
- 2-4 years design engineering experience;
- Accurate and strong attention to detail;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering;
- Knowledgeable in CAD;
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively;
- Bachelor’s degree in design engineering, engineering, product design or relevant field;
- Strong analytical and planning skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Proficient in MS Office and popular design software.