The Senior Electrical Engineer applies mathematical and engineering principles and methods to electrical system designs. Designs, develops, and tests electrical equipment, components, or systems. Being a Senior Electrical Engineer requires a bachelor’s degree of Electrical Engineering. Contributes to research efforts to develop a solution or a new product. In addition, Senior Electrical Engineer typically reports to supervisor or manager. Being a Senior Electrical Engineer contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Senior Electrical Engineer typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Electrical Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team.
- Advise PMC core management on issues surrounding future appointments of electrical personnel;
- Conducting electrical studies for projects i.e. arc flash study, coordination study, short-circuit system study;
- Coordinating / performing all activities within engineering discipline stream for the project;
- Develop a good team spirit within assigned PMC personnel and encourage team working with the Contractor and other customer groups;
- Carrying out detailed design, sizing and calculations and verifying and checking the design done by other members of the team;
- Acting as an expert in the engineering team for protection and control;
- Designing of electrical building services for substation including: Lighting, FA, grounding etc;
- Review / Validate detailed design and Engineering Deliverables;
- Input into engineering procedures and work practices as appropriate, in conjunction with Core Electrical Lead;
- Ensuring all documents and drawings are issued on time with proper quality;
- Preparing electrical drawings (incl. layouts, single line diagrams, wiring diagrams and interconnections) in AutoCAD and BoM’s;
- Carryout Technical Evaluation of Bids, Issue Bid Technical Clarifications, Technical Evaluation Reports and Recommendations.
- B.Eng / Bsc/ Btech in Electrical;
- Valid Drivers license;
- Organizational and time-management skills;
- BSc: Electrical Engineering;
- 10 years experience;
- Great communication and leadership skills;
- Gained vast experience in a senior role and management of staff;
- Professionally registered with ECSA as a Professional Engineer;
- Technical report writing experience;
- Min of 3 years’ post registration experience in electrical and electronic building services projects;
- PR Eng or PR Tech Eng;
- Min of 5 years experience;
- 5 years’ design exp. In electrical and electronic building services;
- 3 years post registration exp. In electrical and electronic building services;
- Proven construction monitoring and contract admin experience.