Senior Structural Design Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Structural Design Engineer to join our team.
- Review and check all drawings and calculations ensuring that it is compliant to the project requirement, relevant codes and standards;
- Works towards continuous improvement of the department section by utilizing effective and standardized calculation systems and other design tools;
- Undertake technical design work and design checking for projects in accordance with the Company System;
- Undertake independent studies and analysis; preparing recommendations and conclusion for formal reviews of lead engineers/project managers;
- Liaise with lead office counter part regarding project requirements;
- Monitor project finances and ensure that projects are delivered within the budget;
- Guide and train junior engineers.
- Minimum 8 years hands on experience in detailed design of steel and concrete structures;
- Licensed Civil Engineer;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential;
- Should be able to demonstrate knowledge of design codes and familiarity with AS, ACI, BS is an advantage;
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook is required;
- Familiarity with the design software such as ETABS, SAFE, RAPT, STAAD-Pro, SPACEGASS, and TEDDS;
- Overseas experience (working in other countries, or project designs at out-sourcing companies) is an advantage but not essential.