The Senior Structural Engineer performs analysis of building materials for use in construction. Designs load-bearing structures or structural elements, such as buildings, bridges, or roadways. Being a Senior Structural Engineer determines cause of structural failures, damages, and defects through site investigations. Develops blueprints or specifications for use during construction and ensures all projects comply with applicable codes and regulations. In addition, Senior Structural Engineer provides reports detailing investigations and assessment of damages to the structure. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Working as a Senior Structural Engineer typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature.
Senior Structural Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our team.
- Work concurrently on several design projects;
- Actively participate in Annual Performance Reviews;
- Complete timesheets within the required timeframe;
- Ensure conformance to Enovate’s quality standards and checklists;
- Actively seek relevant project opportunities to broaden and develop your engineering skills;
- Take on a supporting and mentoring role to junior and intermediate level engineers in their professional development;
- Be accountable for the quality of work produced by junior and intermediate level engineers;
- Support the directors in defining the company culture and play a key role in its development and implementation;
- Observe and practice Enovate’s Health and Safety policy;
- Work collaboratively with engineers and other staff to ensure design documentation is issued in accordance with the project programme;
- Any other duties as directed from time to time by the employer;
- Provide support to engineers by assisting in the preparation of the structural drawing package throughout a projects lifetime.
- PR Eng;
- 7 years + experience (structures and bridges);
- Business Development experience;
- BSc Civil Engineering/ BEng Civil Eng;
- Professionally registered with ECSA as a Professional Engineer;
- BSc (Eng) in Civil Engineering;
- Strong Computer knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and REVIT structure;
- Proficiency with finite element structural design software and analysis;
- Proficiency in STAAD Pro, MIDAS, ETABS, SAFE, SAP 2000, MathCAD, RISA software and other relevant design analysis software;
- LTO issued driver’s license;
- Job Type: Full-time;
- At least 4 to 7 of relevant work experience as structural engineer;
- Previous experience with an architectural/engineering or engineering consulting firm.