Telecom Operations Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Telecom Operations Engineer to join our team.
- Collaborate with our technical customer support, mobile core operations and commercial roaming team;
- Analyse and update commercial and technical details (IR.21, IOTs, AA.14, EMnify Tariff Plans);
- Troubleshoot service issues, tracing and analysis of signalling (SS7/diameter) and data (GRX);
- Define Business Dashboards and Intelligence reports;
- Contribute to our future projects on LTE M or NB IoT;
- Create and document processes and implementations;
- Ensure the smooth implementation of International Roaming Agreements by troubleshooting PDP, Location Updates and SMS.
- Hands-on experience in RDBMS (e.g. MySQL);
- Familiar with BI tools like Grafana, Kibana, Periscope or Tableau;
- Basic skill level in Linux;
- Hands-on experience with IP routing and troubleshooting, at least CCNA or equivalent is preferred;
- Be solution-oriented with a strong commitment to finish projects;
- Knowledge in signaling protocol suites (MAP, GTP, S6);
- Knowledgeable in SMS routing (SS7, SMPP);
- 4-7 years’ experience in Telecoms, preferably Roaming/IoT/M2M;
- Willing to work shifting;
- Excellent language skills in English (speaking & writing), any other language is a plus;
- Ability to analyze call traces using wireshark;
- Experience with different mobile core technologies (CS Core, PS Core, EPC);
- Experience with Core Switches (e.g. Nokia, Ericsson, Huawei);
- Be hungry to learn new technologies and keep your knowledge up to date;
- Savvy in international communication and presentation to internal and external.