Develop and design manufactured products, such as cars, home appliances, and children’s toys. Combine artistic talent with research on product use, marketing, and materials to create the most functional and appealing product design.
Product Designer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Product Designer to join our team.
- and evaluate its success;
- Partner closely with product managers, engineers and analysts to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges;
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas;
- Conduct concept and usability testing and share findings with teams;
- Keep abreast with industry trends, conduct competitor analysis and drive user research across markets;
- Understand product needs and user psychology. Define the right interaction model;
- Required to perform other tasks as stipulated by department heads;
- Taking part in specialist or multidisciplinary team meetings;
- Sketching initial design ideas;
- Preparing the promotional material to support the marketing team when require;
- Working on ideas as part of a team or developing design concepts using CAD;
- Meeting with supplier & production team to establish the design brief, concept, performance and production criteria;
- Identifying the suitability and availability of materials;
- Making samples or working models by alias with supplier, product engineers and production team;
- Researching materials, processes or market requirements.
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply;
- Must be a College/Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts or any related field;
- Proficient in CorelDraw, SketchUp, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and AutoCAD;
- Has a good understanding on the art, science and technology on developing a product;
- Knowledge for Vector works or AutoCAD will be advantage;
- Able to meet deadline at all times;
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft office, Adobe & CAD (Computer-Aided Design);
- Work well under pressure;
- Candidates must possess at least Diploma or Degree in Industrial/ Product Designer or equivalent;
- Required language(s) : Chinese, English, Bahasa Malaysia;
- Has the passion to design new and innovative products;
- Self-motivated and can work independently with less supervision but at the same time a good team player;
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in the related field;
- Able to work independently and under pressure;
- Able to use drawings, 3D models and computer designs.