Housekeeper works to ensure offices, patient/guest rooms, facilities, and other specified areas are kept in a clean and orderly condition. Responsible for general cleaning and maintenance duties which may include: vacuuming, dusting, item washing, trash collecting and proper sorting. Being a Housekeeper may require a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor. The Housekeeper possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Housekeeper Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Housekeeper to join our team.
- Establishes standards and procedures for work of housekeeping staff;
- Performs cleaning duties in cases of emergency or staff shortage;
- Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action;
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies;
- Coordinates work activities among departments;
- Examines building to determine need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment, and makes recommendations to management;
- Issues supplies and equipment to workers;
- To put into practice all set out training procedures;
- To undertake any other duties as required or requested by your supervisor or manager;
- To be a representative of Brackenridge at all times;
- To ensure dockets, telephone messages and notes are written clearly and accurately so that the admin staff can fulfil their duties effectively;
- To attend staff meetings as required;
- To practice good health, hygiene and safety standards in accordance with O.S.H;
- To be fully aware of Brackenridge fire, security procedures;
- To pay an active interest in Brackenridge and to be aware of our objectives.
- The job requires Female applicants only;
- Minimum of 2 years working experience is required for this position;
- Minimum of 1 years working experience is required for this position;
- Able to use initiative & work proactively;
- Enjoy cleaning;
- Must have attention to detail;
- Previous experience in Resort or Hostel cleaning;
- Has a keen eye on proper cleanliness;
- Good communication skills;
- Self-motivated and self-directed;
- Record keeping;
- Candidates must have at least Vocational Diploma / Short Course Certificate;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Candidates must have at least High School Diploma;
- Physically capable of using standard cleaning tools (mops, brooms, etc.).