Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
Accountant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Accountant to join our team.
- Liaison with clients;
- Manage the full Creditors function;
- Statutory compliance VAT/PAYE/UIF/SDL/WCA calculations, submissions and payments;
- Ensure Vat compliance;
- Review creditors’ reconciliations;
- Uploading of financial figures on group reporting system;
- SARS recons;
- Assist in compiling a year-end audit file and address audit queries;
- Reviewing system reports;
- Maintain and prepare accounting records;
- Analyze and report on all financial activities and transactions;
- Review and update financial data in databases keeping them accurate, relevant and fully accessible by request;
- Keep accounts receivable, accounts payable and issue invoices up to date;
- To prepare Bank reconciliation;
- Group Accountant will report directly to the Financial Manager.
- Tax and VAT;
- Financial Statement Analysis;
- 3 years related Accounting experience;
- Can work under minimum supervision;
- UIF, workman’s compensation act;
- Effective in organizing and keen to details;
- With intermediate – advance level of proficiency in computer skills;
- Relevant qualification in Accounting required;
- Have a presentable image (Professional Looking) Photo taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance is required;
- Advanced Excel skills a must (candidates will be tested);
- Fresh graduates with accounting internship are welcome to apply;
- With 3-5 years experience as an Accountant preferably in Food Manufacturing Industry;
- 3-5 years in a similar role;
- 3 years accounting / finance work experience;
- BCom degree / Accounting diploma or equivalent.