Examine, evaluate, and investigate eligibility for or conformity with laws and regulations governing contract compliance of licenses and permits, and perform other compliance and enforcement inspection and analysis activities not classified elsewhere.
Compliance Officer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Compliance Officer to join our team.
- Active participation in the Regions risk management , including CRMDRA and Isurnace;
- Drive overall Governance and Compliance, including Finance Statutory, AFS and Taxation;
- Execute internal spot checks in regular frequency;
- Responsible for advising contractors, agencies and clients on the relevant immigration regulations and procedures;
- Any other matters as instructed by Supervisor and Manager;
- Act as the primary contact person for compliance-related topics towards internal and external stakeholders;
- Follow up on final assessment and ensure prompt income tax payment and statutory submissions to authorities;
- Monitor global SOPs and ensures compliance of the local organization and processes to the respective global requirements;
- Manage and process immigration cases effectively within agreed time frames;
- Responsible for first-level contract reviews a. Coordination of legal checks/advise with local law firms;
- Follow through from submission of application to approval and endorsement of work permit/visa;
- Prepare and regularly update on compliance-related SOPs and ensure company-wide understanding and compliance to them;
- Review country-specific costings and ensure partner payments are correct;
- Calculate and liaise with contractors regarding income tax retention and filing;
- Check all requests for HCP/ HCO engagements to assure compliance to all relevant laws and guidelines.
- Detailed and technical expertise in areas like FICA, FAIS, DCA and NCA;
- Preferably holds a CIA or CFE certificate;
- An analytical mindset with excellent organizational skills;
- At least 8-10 years experience in Risk Compliance;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Compliance Officer, Compliance Manager or similar position;
- Knowledge of the financial services regulatory framework and laws (including anti-money laundering laws);
- Certified Public Accountant is an advantage;
- Good business judgment in the pharmaceutical industry and excellence in problem solving;
- Postgraduate diploma in compliance or relevant qualification;
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities;
- Exposure to liaising with financial services regulatory bodies;
- Shows uncompromising integrity and expertise in objection handling;
- Minimum five years of work experience with at least 2-3 years experience in a relevant field like compliance, regulatory affairs or audit;
- At least 2 years experience in a financial services compliance position;
- Knowledgeable in ISO 9001:2015 Standards , financial & operational audit, consumer protection audit and AML audit.