Income Auditor/ Cost Controller Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Income Auditor/ Cost Controller to join our team.
- Ensure Advanced Deposits are current;
- Recommend improvements to processes as required;
- Execute on tasks/requests as instructed by the Finance Manager and/or General Manager;
- Carry out daily checks of revenue via an Operations Audit as per hotel standards;
- Record Reset Counter;
- Reconcile telephone, Pay TV, newspaper revenue, guest laundry income, corrections and allowance;
- Spot-check Function Diary and the settlement of function bills;
- Check non-arrivals, late departures, no sales/voids, management bills, bill sequence and pay-outs;
- Check bills signed to Room Account and record all covers;
- Reconcile and monitor commissions, housekeeper and rate discrepancies, and Conference and Banqueting Revenue against daily function sheets.
- Possesss strong organisational skills;
- A good understanding of financial operating systems and procedures;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Experience in the hotel / leisure / retail sector;
- Strong influencing, inter-personal and communication skills.