The Logistics Assistant I coordinates inventory management, warehousing, and transportation activities in order to optimize inventory levels and minimize costs. Provides clerical support for inbound and outbound logistical operations. Being a Logistics Assistant I typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Supports a variety of logistical functions, including sourcing, receiving, purchasing, and dispatching. In addition, Logistics Assistant I typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Logistics Assistant I works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Logistics Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Logistics Assistant to join our team.
- Knows truck scale calibration and the calibration plan;
- Maintained a control environment to ensure proper operation of the computerized scale system;
- Maintained an organized and smooth flow of incoming and outgoing trucks;
- Assisted in checking all components of the weigh scale system to ascertain all are in working order;
- Recommended an enhancement to the existing internal controls, improvements and development of systems;
- Knowledge in SAP SD Processing and Microsoft Office;
- Familiar with Logistics, Product Dispatch and warehousing operations;
- Inspected paperwork and loads for inbound and outbound trucks. Enter all information into the system;
- With basic knowledge on how to operate the truck scale.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree;
- organizing and planning;
- Communication skills;
- Fresh Graduate of any course or has a few years of working experience;
- Outstanding organizational and investigative abilities;
- Capable to create delivery schedule of trucks;
- Having knowledge about trucks, truck maintenance, and traffic rules is a plus;
- Willing to work on Holidays, Shifting and longer hours if needed;
- Calm, Structured, detail-oriented, diligent, and reliable;
- Strong organizational and scheduling skills;
- Sound knowledge of shipping processes and metrics;
- Fast learner;
- Must be hardworking, honest and responsible;
- Has strong organizational skills;
- Must know how to drive a motor vehicle and a motorcycle.