Logistics Manager manages and plans for logistics policies, objectives, and initiatives. Creates procedures for logistics management to optimize product workflow and minimize cost. Being a Logistics Manager has responsibilities for vendor selection and negotiation, distribution, transportation, and inventory control. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Logistics Manager typically reports to a senior manager. The Logistics Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be a Logistics Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Logistics Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Logistics Manager to join our team.
- Approval of amendments to Demand plan setup file;
- Demand Planning;
- Generate detailed Demand Plan and Supplier order rolling forecasts;
- Evaluate demand plan in terms of optimum order quantities and recommend accordingly to COO for approval;
- Oversee Demand Planning;
- Manage customer logistics plans and requirements for the region;
- Collaborate with supply chain personnel to successfully execute regional aims;
- Develop and implement supply chain and logistics strategy to achieve sales and growth targets;
- Deliver efficient and timely communication of customer requirements;
- Lead the execution of the customer logistics operations for region;
- Execute forecasting/sales planning activities in weekly and monthly planning processes together with supply logistics, sales and finance teams;
- Secure order intakes and deliveries for customers;
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders such as sourcing and procurement, manufacturing and engineering, product creation, sales and marketing, IT etc;
- Manage local inventories in distribution centers in co-operation with global teams.
- Experience in Automotive Industry preferred;
- Relevant tertiary qualification;
- organizing and planning;
- B.Eng./BSc. (Eng.) Degree or National Diploma;
- Must have a Bachelor’s/College degree in Business Studies/Administration/Management or equivalent;
- Required Skill(s): project management, logistics, planning, analytical, problem solver, budgeting, negotiation;
- Proven analytical, problem solving and organisational skills;
- Must have expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practice;
- Must have hands on experience in warehouse management software and database;
- Have rich experience on 3rd party logistics company and mange 3rd party truckers;
- MBA/MBL will be an advantage;
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills;
- Arrange transportation, schedule staff, and arrange deliveries to meet customer demand;
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple duties;
- Preferably 5 years experienced employee specialized in Marketing or equivalent.