The Procurement Manager maintains relationship with vendors or suppliers and negotiates contracts for major purchases. Manages all purchasing activities and establishes strategic purchasing processes and procedures. Being a Procurement Manager typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Evaluates and analyzes purchasing trend and price trend to identify forecasting demand and minimize purchasing costs. In addition, Procurement Manager typically reports to a senior manager. The Procurement Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. Working as a Procurement Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Procurement Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Procurement Manager to join our team.
- Control Spend and Build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs;
- Prepare Contracts in conjunction with the Client and Legal representatives;
- Produce RFP’s including soliciting information from the Client and Consultants;
- Manages the resources on project and within the team to drive maximum efficiencies;
- Responsible for the Issue of all RFP’s and Tender documentation using theClients tender portal;
- Examine and test existing contracts;
- Liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers;
- Devise and use fruitful sourcing strategies;
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness;
- Give presentations about market analysis and possible growth;
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies;
- Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities;
- Keep a constant check on stock levels;
- Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality;
- Collaborate with demand planners and management to ensure resources are directed to where it is most impactful.
- Knowledge of demand and supply planner operations;
- At least 5 years procurement experience preferably in the telecommunications industry;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- In-depth knowledge of contracts, invoicing and leadership skills;
- Ability to work effectively to meet tight deadlines and in high pressure situations;
- A minimum of 2 years’ supervisory experience, managing at least 2 people;
- Candidates must possess at least diploma/degree or equivalent;
- Experience in monitoring complex deals and relationships with suppliers to meet quality, cost and delivery requirements;
- Experienced in collecting and analyzing data;
- With keen interest in the industry of computer and console gaming products and procurement;
- With at least 5 years experience in Procurement;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Experience in using procurement software;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a procurement role;
- Resourceful, honest and trustworthy.