Supply Chain Manager oversees and manages overall supply chain and logistics operations to maximize efficiency and minimize cost of organization’s supply chain. Collaborate with multiple-functional managers to plan and execute on the development of a distribution center operational process to enable seamless transfers. Being a Supply Chain Manager manages and monitors vendor’s qualification and performance to ensure they meet company’s requirements. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Supply Chain Manager typically reports to a senior manager. The Supply Chain Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be a Supply Chain Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Supply Chain Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Supply Chain Manager to join our team.
- Managing subcontractors’ portfolio related 2 PL and 3 PL agreements;
- Ensuring that products in the warehouse are properly stored and secured;
- Implementing improvement solutions for supply chain-related activities;
- Lead Supply Chain process – strategy setting, communication and alignment, and implement process improvements;
- Oversee the management of the procurement process in compliance with the relevant legislation;
- Provide leadership and guidance to the SCM team;
- Work with the Management team/Head office to contribute to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices;
- Manage the demand and supply through forecasting activities for all business units;
- Manages and establishes the demand planning system for the Philippine market;
- Ensure continuous supply to meet the requirements;
- Source and negotiate with logistic partners on freight management;
- Settling, controlling and reporting of performances for an established territory;
- Manage functional and cross functional projects to successful conclusion by planning, prioritizing and resourcing effectively;
- Lead the monthly meetings with all stakeholders;
- Improves customer experience, creates engaged customers to facilitate organic growth.
- Degree in Supply Chain/Logistics;
- SAP experience (advantageous);
- 8 years experience within a similar role;
- Knowledge of supply chain management software is required;
- At least ten years of extensive experience covering importation, logistics, forwarding, demand planning, and fulfillment;
- With a strong network of 3PL providers customs brokers;
- Willing to travel between BGC and Parañaque City, as needed;
- Preferably with experience in handling appliances or consumer electronics;
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics, customs administration or related field;
- Must have practical experience and expertise in SAP or a similar ERP for supply chain management.