The Warehouse Operations Supervisor oversees inventory levels, monitors the safety of goods, and ensures the efficient usage of warehouse space. Supervises the overall warehouse operations and daily activities of staff. Being a Warehouse Operations Supervisor may require an associate’s degree or its equivalent. Operates an applicable system to update inventory status and respond to stakeholder’s inquiries. In addition, Warehouse Operations Supervisor typically reports to a manager. The Warehouse Operations Supervisor supervises a small group of para-professional staff in an organization characterized by highly transactional or repetitive processes. Contributes to the development of processes and procedures. Thorough knowledge of functional area under supervision. Working as a Warehouse Operations Supervisor typically requires 3 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
Warehouse Operations Supervisor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Warehouse Operations Supervisor to join our team.
- Review/Develop new technologies & equipment to improve efficiencies of processes;
- Conduct special Projects to achieve improved methods, layout and work-flow;
- Specify, procure and oversee installation of equipment associated with layout and process design;
- Develop processes and procedures to enhance and optimize logistics operations;
- Develop layouts of logistics flows and warehouse/distribution space;
- Conduct Facility and Process Design reviews to secure approvals.
- Degree in Logistics/Industrial or Production Engineering and/or suitable experience of logistics processes;
- English language skills are required; other language skills would be an advantage;
- Strong communication and analytical skills;
- Experienced in Project Management;
- Willing to learn and lead implementation of new processes;
- Ability to work in a team environment with little supervision;
- Good interpersonal, organizational and planning skills;
- 2 plus years experience working in engineering.