Administer, test, and implement computer databases, applying knowledge of database management systems. Coordinate changes to computer databases. May plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard computer databases.
Database Administrator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Database Administrator to join our team.
- Support the infrastructure through basic Linux/Windows administration and system automation;
- Optimize database performance;
- Respond to outages and alerts quickly to ensure public and internal availability of our online services and infrastructure;
- Automate various DBA tasks;
- Maintain and create automation and deployment software and tools;
- Proactively identify and solution operational risks;
- Essential Database administration – install, configure, upgrade, backup, and monitor databases;
- Refine processes to continue our focus on performance, availability and security;
- Working closely with development team to troubleshoot production issues that arise as well as providing guidelines and directions;
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors;
- Install and maintain the performance of database servers;
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications;
- Set and maintain database standards;
- Responsible for user administration and governance to ensure all access to database are fully managed and documented;
- Manage database access.
- Can keep a cool head under pressure;
- Must have a minimum of 3 years related working experience;
- Knowledgeable in IIS servers, apache and nginx;
- Can produce a 2 minute screencam video explaining some technical issue of choice;
- Requires strong knowledge in structured query language (SQL), UNIX and database management systems (DBMS);
- Portrays good leadership skills;
- Familiar with main data manipulation languages and the principles of database design;
- Must be willing to attend video conferences from time-to-time;
- Cisco Networking (CCNA);
- Any bachelors degree or equivalent experience;
- General understanding of DDL, DML, DFDs;
- General understanding of System integrations;
- Amenable to work in a mid-shift schedule;
- Create and understand simple SQL Queries for PostgreSQL (SPs, Functions, Views);
- Proficient in administering Microsoft SQL & MySQL.