Head of Housekeeping directs and coordinates the daily operations of a housekeeping services department to ensure offices, patient/guest rooms, and other specified areas are kept in a clean and orderly condition. Conducts inspections of facilities and recommends repairs and upgrades when needed. Being a Head of Housekeeping ensures compliance with federal, state, and local environmental regulations. May create quality standards and monitors the implementation. Additionally, Head of Housekeeping may require a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to top management. The Head of Housekeeping typically manages through subordinate managers and professionals in larger groups of moderate complexity. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. May give input into developing the budget. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments. To be a Head of Housekeeping typically requires 3+ years of managerial experience.
Head Housekeeper Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Head Housekeeper to join our team.
- Evaluate Guest satisfaction levels and monitor trends with a focus on continuous improvement;
- Operate within departmental budgets through effective stock and cost controls and well managed schedules;
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the Housekeeping team;
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures;
- Set departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures;
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas and with external customers and suppliers;
- Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of all room categories and amenities;
- Assist other departments wherever necessary;
- Oversee housekeeping operations;
- Ensure ongoing training;
- Ensure communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated;
- Monitor the appearance, standards and performance of the Housekeeping Team with an emphasis on training and teamwork;
- Ensure staffing levels cover business demands;
- Competent in property management systems;
- To supervise and control the cleaning and servicing of all bedrooms, restaurants, function and public rooms in the hotel.
- Excellent grooming standards;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- High level of commercial awareness and cost control capabilities;
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations;
- Previous experience of managing a department and Profit and Loss account;
- Ensure that costs are controlled in all areas of responsibility;
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ensure that bedrooms are serviced timeously in order to maximize room occupancy;
- Identify and implement staff training schemes aimed at ensuring that the company’s operating standards are achieved;
- Ensure that all operational equipment and work utensils are maintained in good working order;
- Ensure that total guest satisfaction is maintained in areas under Housekeeping control;
- Control and coordinate the work of all staff. Analyze the occupancy and allocate staff accordingly;
- Ensure that all Health & Safety measures are in place and checklists are completed monthly;
- Ensure the prescribed company standards are maintained in all areas of responsibility;
- IT proficiency.