Feed, water, and examine pets and other nonfarm animals for signs of illness, disease, or injury in laboratories and animal hospitals and clinics. Clean and disinfect cages and work areas, and sterilize laboratory and surgical equipment. May provide routine post-operative care, administer medication orally or topically, or prepare samples for laboratory examination under the supervision of veterinary or laboratory animal technologists or technicians, veterinarians, or scientists.
Assistant Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Assistant Technician to join our team.
- Repairing motors, transformers, generators, and electronic controllers on machine tools and industrial robots;
- Assisting in home inspections;
- Hook up appliances for power;
- Installing new lighting and ceiling fans;
- Handling rewire homes and businesses;
- Securing brackets to bulkheads with screws and bolts and pull wires through conduit leading to connection boxes, switch panels, and other terminals;
- Replacing old fuse boxes;
- Installing lighting, electrical outlets, and circuit breakers;
- Ensuring minor carpentry repairs and ironmongery or lock repairs;
- Using tools such as conduit benders, screwdrivers, pliers, knives, hacksaws, and wire strippers;
- Installing sound systems, security systems and voice and data systems;
- Assisting other trades where required e.g. electrician, carpentry, heating and cooling, plumbing, painting and decorating;
- Managing civil carpentry maintenance;
- Threading conduit ends and connect couplings and conduit fittings using wrench;
- Assisting in installing electrical systems.
- Experience in general maintenance in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, brickwork, groundwork (paving) and tiling;
- Good attention to detail;
- Ability to see potential problems and work through solutions until resolution is reached, in all areas of the project site;
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills and attend relevant training courses as and when required;
- Ability to communicate on all levels;
- A team player but also able and happy to work on own initiative;
- A Diploma, Trade Certificate in the field of Handyman or Carpentry;
- Good timekeeper and flexible approach to work;
- With knowledge in Health and Safety.