Perform medical tests in a laboratory environment for use in the treatment and diagnosis of diseases in animals. Prepare vaccines and serums for prevention of diseases. Prepare tissue samples, take blood samples, and execute laboratory tests, such as urinalysis and blood counts. Clean and sterilize instruments and materials and maintain equipment and machines. May assist a veterinarian during surgery.
Medical Technologist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Medical Technologist to join our team.
- Ensure that pre-extraction orders is followed (ex. Fasting);
- Follows strictly the proper method of Blood Collection;
- Observes proper waste management and disposal;
- In charge for requisition of reagents and equipment to the Purchasing Officer;
- Oversees the procurement, usage, inventories of all reagents and supplies in the laboratory;
- Disposes contaminated materials like needles, syringe and cotton in designated containers/plastic bags;
- Maintains an inventory of equipment and supplies and records it;
- Charges laboratory test done on admitted patients;
- Explains to patient on how to procedure will be done and what to be expected to avoid tension and positions patient properly;
- Ensure proper labeling, handling and collection of specimen;
- Records, releases, and signs out laboratory results;
- Provides assistance in the evaluation and procurement of equipment in the laboratory;
- Checks patient(s) requests and receipt(s) before any laboratory test done;
- Responsible for blood collection within the laboratory and in hospital premises like hospital wards and private rooms, Delivery and Emergency Room;
- Responsible for maintaining general cleanliness of work area.
- Must be a Licensed Medical Technologist;
- Must be a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology;
- Information Ordering;
- Proven experience working with various medical equipment and tools;
- Record keeping;
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Medical Technician;
- Outstanding presentation and analytical abilities;
- With or without experience are welcome to apply;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- A graduate of Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology;
- Quality Assurance;
- Advanced knowledge of biology and chemistry;
- With updated PRC;
- Strong analytical and planning skills.