Assist lawyers by investigating facts, preparing legal documents, or researching legal precedent. Conduct research to support a legal proceeding, to formulate a defense, or to initiate legal action.
Legal Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Legal Assistant to join our team.
- Answer and direct phone calls;
- Coordinate with government agencies and Legal Counsel for legal/litigation/compliance matters;
- Maintain contact lists;
- Organize and maintain documents in paper or electronic filing systems;
- Monitor deadlines and juggle calendars;
- Type up and file basic legal documents and correspondence;
- Provide administrative support to lawyer and enhance office effectiveness;
- Conduct research on relevant laws, regulations, and legal articles;
- Conduct statistical/documentary research;
- Handle communication with clients;
- Perform other functions that may be assigned by the Legal Counsel from time to time;
- Gather and arrange evidence and other legal documents for case preparation;
- Prepares the inventory of contracts and agreements of the Company;
- Manage invoicing.
- Strong research and writing skills;
- Must have high level research skills;
- At least 1-2 years of experience as a Legal Assistant;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Legal Management and/or any related course;
- Familiarity with corporate and commercial law, legal procedures and protocols;
- Communication skills;
- Top notch interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proven working experience as legal assistant or legal secretary;
- Strong writing and transcription skills;
- Detail oriented;
- MS Office;
- Work Experience: With or without experienced;
- Ability to foster good relationship with clients;
- Proficiency in English;
- Computer literacy.