Senior Legal and Compliance Advisor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Legal and Compliance Advisor to join our team.
- Drafting legal agreements and necessary legal documents;
- Document management;
- Advise management on the company’s compliance with laws and regulations through detailed reports;
- Performing necessary checks on clients;
- Assess company operations to determine compliance risk;
- Liaising with regulators and other stakeholders;
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations;
- Coordinate any compliance initiatives and improvement plans;
- Regularly audit company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risk;
- Assisting with the examining of terms and conditions from a legal perspective;
- Monitoring and interpreting industry developments and relevant laws and regulations;
- Implement and manage an effective legal compliance program;
- Develop and review company policies;
- Identify, manage and monitor legal and compliance risks within the company;
- Preparing reports to senior management and relevant regulatory bodies.
- Bachelor’s degree in law, finance, business management or a related field;
- Good knowledge of legal requirements and procedures;
- 3 – 5 years’ proven experience in a compliance officer role;
- Brilliant oral and written communication skills;
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail;
- 3+ years’ post articles experience;
- Solid understanding of tax would be highly advantageous.