Compliance Specialist I assists in the development and implementation of compliance programs for the organization. Assists in the monitoring of business activities for compliance with applicable rules and regulations. Being a Compliance Specialist I ensures operating manuals and procedural documents stay current when regulations change. Responds to inquiries from regulatory agencies and completes required compliance documentation. Additionally, Compliance Specialist I requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Compliance Specialist I works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. To be a Compliance Specialist I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Compliance Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Compliance Specialist to join our team.
- Compliance Risk Assessments;
- Advising on compliance matters;
- Updating business on draft bills and other regulatory requirements;
- Maintaining and Developing Compliance Monitoring plans;
- Managing breaches and risk exposures, corrective action;
- Complaints management;
- CURA updating;
- Report to Management on strategic and operational compliance risks;
- Monitor compliance management system to ensure compliance;
- Ensure close collaboration of all compliance activities with Risk Management and Internal Audit teams;
- Ensure compliance with Delegated Levels of Authority (DLA) according to ACSA framework;
- Provide relevant and specialised technical support / advice to relevant stakeholders with regards to risks imposed to ACSA;
- Develop and implement company compliance profiles;
- Design and build compliance programs to minimise instances of non-compliance;
- Ensure the promotion and assessment of the current state of compliance at Regional Airports.
- IRMSA membership is recommended;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Business/Legal;
- Strong knowledge of CRM systems and ability to learn SAAS programs;
- Preferred experience in financial management in a finance/tech environment;
- Knowledge of the ACSA compliance framework will be an advantage;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- 2-3 years experience with financial regulatory compliance relating to KYC/AML;
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office package;
- Self-starter and works well independently with minimal direction;
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business-related courses, Public Administration, or Political Science;
- CIMA membership is essential;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in a publicly-listed corporation or conglomerate;
- The successful candidate must have a valid Matric (Grade 12) qualification;
- Has experience working in highly-regulated industries;
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree.