The Manager of Business Operations develops and implements company policies and procedures as well as ensures compliance with these procedures. Manages general activities of an organization’s operations in a non-manufacturing environment. Being a Manager of Business Operations prepares reports and audits to monitor and improve operations effectiveness. Evaluates and enhances current operational systems. In addition, Manager of Business Operations may coordinate communication between different functions. Requires a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to a senior manager or head of unit/department. The Manager of Business Operations manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. Working as a Manager of Business Operations typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Business Operations Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Business Operations Manager to join our team.
- Drive GML APJC initiatives and priorities;
- Manage Penang Ops organization communications;
- Work with GML business operations team on budget planning and tracking;
- Lead GML Penang Operations’ weekly staff meeting (agenda preparation, action items follow up, etc.);
- Work with team on business & operations review.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English;
- Influence Skills: Persuade others to take action and make decisions aimed to further business objectives;
- Technical Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of administrative procedures and tools;
- Decision Maker: Access data and information making timely, effective decisions which consider both long and short term business needs;
- Operations experience will be an added advantage;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Proactive and preemptive nature to manage a volatile and dynamic environment;
- Ready to roll-up sleeves and be hands-on;
- On-the-spot problem solving;
- Operations Management;
- 5+ years of experience in related fields such as operations, people management, coordination;
- People management;
- Strong communication and analytical skills;
- Critical thinking;
- Process improvement.