Photograph people, landscapes, merchandise, or other subjects, using digital or film cameras and equipment. May develop negatives or use computer software to produce finished images and prints. Includes scientific photographers, aerial photographers, and photojournalists.
Photographer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Photographer to join our team.
- Adapts the photo offers to customers’ requests;
- Prepares and takes care of professional equipment;
- Takes high quality pictures and portraits;
- Organises the on board photo gallery and lockers keeping the photo boutique layout attractive and tidy, in line with MSC Cruises guidelines;
- Monitors levels of stock and properly stores delivered products in a timely manner;
- Updating work or progress to supervisor;
- Creating final print images or digital files;
- Creating commercial quality photographs and ensuring that all photographs are appropriate, processed, catalogued and ready in time to meet deadlines;
- Maintaining photography equipment;
- Capturing images;
- Editing, retouching, and processing photographs;
- Setting up or taking down lighting, backgrounds, props and other equipment.
- At least 21 years old;
- able to commit to a six month contract at sea,
- A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board;
- confidence and outstanding talent shooting with a DSLR camera to work onboard;
- High School certificate;
- Previous experience on a cruise ship is an advantage;
- Completion of high school, basic or vocational education equivalency preferred;
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required;
- Minimum of six months experience as a photographer required;
- Great attitude with a willingness to adapt and learn new skills;
- Can speak English fluently;
- Ability to conduct training sessions at all levels including one on ones and large groups;
- Intermediate to advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required;
- Able to work independently and under pressure to meet tight deadline.