Compile, compute, and record billing, accounting, statistical, and other numerical data for billing purposes. Prepare billing invoices for services rendered or for delivery or shipment of goods.
Bookkeeper Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Bookkeeper to join our team.
- Use the SARS E-Filing system and responding to queries raised by SARS;
- Ensure all valid creditors are paid on time;
- Cashbook Capture transactions in Sage and reconcile bank statement transactions, receipts and payments;
- Perform administrative tasks as and when requested by the financial manager;
- Processing of data on Pastel accounting to trial balance;
- Investigates and resolves supplier account queries;
- Ensure that the creditor accruals are accounted for and recognised at month end;
- Manage General Ledger for an associate company to ensure that all journals are recorded timeously and correctly in the Accpac System;
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing and summarising account information;
- Manage accounts payable process ensuring all the invoices are recorded timeously in the system;
- Prepares disbursement vouchers, bank deposits and supplier statements;
- VAT calculation & VAT to Turnover Reconciliation;
- Requesting relevant documents from clients;
- Preparation of year end schedules to support the preparation of annual financial statements as well as other admin duties.
- Detail oriented;
- Comfortable working on various technology platforms and ideally have been in an environment doing bookkeeping for multiple entities;
- Financial Statement Analysis;
- Keeping CSD registration up to date;
- Full-Time position(s) available;
- BS degree in Accounting or related field;
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply;
- Work efficiently under pressure;
- Must be highly trainable;
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications and QuickBooks;
- Degree/Diploma/Certificate in Accounting will be an advantage;
- Valid code 8 driver’s license and own reliable motor vehicle;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, Accounting Management or other related courses, or equivalent work experience;
- 4 7 years bookkeeping experience.