General Clerk I performs clerical tasks such as answering telephones, handling mail, operating office equipment and maintaining office supplies. Gathers, compiles, and verifies information and performs data entry. Being a General Clerk I typically requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The General Clerk I possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
General Clerk Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a General Clerk to join our team.
- To maintain an updated record of defaulters listing;
- To prepare monthly billings on time which include service charges, water and utility charges, insurance, rental and all the related charges;
- Assist Building Manager in attending to complaints and to ensure all complaints are recorded in complaint forms;
- To follow up and collect all payments including service charges, water and utility charges, rental of common property and all other payments;
- To prepare all necessary documents for paying charges for all operational expenses of the building;
- To send reminders for payment on a periodical basis based on allowable timeframe as stated in DMC or House rules or SPA;
- To keep an updated list and status of residents whether they are owners or tenants and nationalities;
- Record the cheque issued or transfer amount in the monthly bank reconciliation book;
- Prepare the bank-in slip and cheques for banking purpose and all payments must be banked in within 24 hours from day of collection;
- To ensure all filings are in order including owner’s file and accounting files. All files to be properly indexed and visible to all;
- To prepare daily, weekly and monthly report on amount collected.
- Position Level: Non Executive;
- Specialization: Clerical / General Admin;
- Vacancies: 1;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Computer literate with high attention to details;
- SPM school leavers encouraged to apply;
- MIn. SPM/ LCCI/ Diploma in Business or equivalent;
- Good positive working attitude and responsible;
- Industry Type: Retail;
- Industry Type: Food & Beverage;
- Industry Type: Legal.