Warehouse Supervisor supervises the overall warehouse operations and daily activities of staff. Oversees inventory levels, monitors the safety of goods, and ensures the efficient usage of warehouse space. Being a Warehouse Supervisor operates an applicable system to update inventory status and respond to stakeholder’s inquiries. May require an associate degree or its equivalent. Additionally, Warehouse Supervisor typically reports to a manager. The Warehouse Supervisor supervises a small group of para-professional staff in an organization characterized by highly transactional or repetitive processes. Contributes to the development of processes and procedures. Thorough knowledge of functional area under supervision. To be a Warehouse Supervisor typically requires 3 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
Warehouse Supervisor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Warehouse Supervisor to join our team.
- Analyze shipment logs;
- Review timeliness of scheduled deliveries;
- Communicate and collaborate with other team members;
- Train, guide and evaluate new warehouse workers;
- Make suggestions for productivity improvements;
- Optimize employee workflow;
- Manage the Stores in compliance with the company policies, procedures and the OHS Act;
- Track expenses related to fuel, storage, and truck maintenance;
- Schedules and assigns warehouse personnel and equipment to meet the daily requirements for delivery and to handle daily volume efficiently;
- Ensures that all incoming materials and orders are issued to all requisitioning units on time;
- Maintains safe working environment by ensuring the cleanliness and orderliness of staging, loading and warehouse area;
- Responsible for planning, organizing and managing the Company’s inventory and warehousing activities;
- Prepares reports and other communication materials to highlight performance achievements and identify areas of needed improvement;
- Implements health & safety practices and standards of the company in order to achieve department and corporate goals;
- Supervises accurate and timely pull-out/receiving of finished goods and fabricated items from production to avoid congestion.
- Communication skills;
- Availability for change of residence: No;
- Compliance to company policies and procedure;
- Computer Literacy / Basic Computer Skills;
- Supervise all warehouse staff;
- Effective and professional demeanor when engaging customers;
- Ability to develop and carry out policies and procedures;
- Premiums management;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Safety and security;
- 2-3 years of proven experience in warehouse management involving directing and coordinating operations;
- Familiar with computer office software operation, SAP operators are preferred; Active and hardworking, a;
- Shipping/receiving goods & materials.