Fitness Instructor coordinates all fitness programs for a facility. Organizes and instructs exercise classes for all fitness levels. Being a Fitness Instructor ensures that all participants are properly trained on the use of the facility’s exercise equipment. Responsible for making sure that the exercise area and equipment are safe and clean. Additionally, Fitness Instructor may require a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty. Typically reports to a supervisor. To be a Fitness Instructor typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience. Gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work.
Fitness Instructor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Fitness Instructor to join our team.
- Conduct fitness programmes and inductions;
- Promote the facilities to hotel residents and perspective members;
- Carry out fitness assessments on members as required;
- Maintain cleanliness of reception, changing rooms, pool side and gym facilities;
- Adhere to all health and safety regulations;
- Ensure adequate coverage of the pool, gym and reception;
- Carry out regular pool tests;
- Understand and advise members and guests on the correct usage of gym equipment.
- NVQ level 2 in a sport related topic;
- Positive attitude;
- High level of personal hygiene and grooming standards;
- Passion for health and fitness;
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service;
- Good communication skills.