as/400 software engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a as/400 software engineer to join our team.
- Occasional international travel to client sites within Asia Pacific countries may be required;
- Analysis of task business and functional requirements;
- Testing of system components;
- Program coding and preparation of run scripts for mainframe based Core application according to specifications;
- Individual responsibility & accountability for task tracking, task reporting & completion to deadline;
- Investigation of production problems and to recommend solutions;
- Monitor and provide development / UAT batch support;
- Occasional second level production support;
- Documentation of programs, program changes and operational procedures;
- Anti-social working hours may occasionally be necessary when performing application production support.
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work efficiently to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work together with other software engineers in a team environment;
- IBM OS/400 operating system and SMART development environment;
- A knowledge of financial / insurance industry is added advantage;
- Good English communication skills – both written and oral;
- Ability to see a task through from assignment to completion with minimal supervision;
- Enthusiastic and self motivated;
- Control language and associated utilities;
- Cobol, cics.