The Mason lays and stacks bricks neatly in order to build walls and various structures. Applies mortar to bricks and scrapes off excess. Being a Mason typically reports to a supervisor. Requires a high school diploma. Being a Mason may require 0-1 year of general work experience. Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area.
Mason Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Mason to join our team.
- Ensure wallpapering is executed properly;
- Ensure all duties comply with hotel/company workmanship standards and Health and Safety standards;
- Maintain tools and equipment, using solvents, brushes, and rags;
- Carry out daily maintenance and repairs;
- Examine finished surfaces of work pieces and retouch any defective areas;
- Assigns work to a helper or apprentice;
- Patches and/or replaces brick or stonework chimneys;
- Does carpentry work incidental to masonry work;
- Mixes mortar; lays bricks and stones and/or concrete sidewalks; makes and repairs steps;
- Reads blueprints;
- Picks up requisitioned tools and materials from vendors;
- Repairs, maintains and alters buildings, retaining walls and other brick or stone edifices;
- Estimates masonry jobs;
- Installs and repairs tile floors and/or walls;
- Plasters ceilings and/or walls.
- Excellent grooming standards;
- Qualification in a relevant field;
- Good communication skills;
- Knowledge and experience of the role;
- Positive attitude;
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service.