Aftercare Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Aftercare Assistant to join our team.
- Liaise with parents;
- Participate in relevant professional development;
- Participate in Open Days;
- Attend school functions;
- Manage behaviour of learners according to the Nova Pioneer philosophy of culture and behaviour;
- Conduct diligent and responsible monitoring of all students at the aftercare;
- Work with other staff members to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere;
- Take responsibility for the care and safety of our children;
- Report to supervisor any problem which may occur with the children;
- Participate in dismissal procedures at the end of aftercare, ensuring that each child leaves with the appropriate adult;
- Take initiative and act decisively;
- Ensure a professional, friendly and cordial relationship the both learners and parents;
- Help to maintain a neat and organised aftercare area;
- Supervise all activities to ensure safety at all times;
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the School Leader according to the school’s needs.
- You have a deep understanding of children and you know how to connect with the specific age group that you teach;
- You are a team player and you enjoy group problem solving;
- ECD Certificate / Currently studying towards Bachelor’s degree in Education or Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) – Ideal;
- You love teaching and care deeply about the success of each and every student;
- You are adept at using technology;
- You have an understanding of and passion for student-centered learning;
- Must be Proficient in English – Speak, Read and Write.