The Senior Graphic Designer generates and manipulates graphic images, animations, sound, text and video into consolidated and seamless multimedia programs. Uses knowledge of current graphic design software to produce graphic art and visual materials for promotions, advertisements, films, packaging, and informative and instructional material through a variety of media outlets such as websites and CD-ROMs. Being a Senior Graphic Designer typically requires a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Must remain abreast of technological advances in the field and be able to identify areas of use in the organization. In addition, Senior Graphic Designer typically reports to a manager. Being a Senior Graphic Designer contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Senior Graphic Designer typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Graphic Designer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Graphic Designer to join our team.
- Generating fresh, exciting concepts;
- Monitor the team results, efforts, and propose actions for the future;
- Managing graphic designs from conception to delivery;
- Design & execute, from concept to completion, all e-commerce, digital, packaging, print & sales requirements;
- Assist Creative and Art Directors in developing seasonal campaigns and shoots;
- Ensuring the standard of visual execution across all media and campaigns;
- Ensuring brand consistency throughout various marketing projects;
- Develop layouts for home pages, categories, banners, email newsletters and social media platforms;
- Meeting project deadlines/milestones;
- Lead conceptual and design thinking on website look and feel;
- Support Head of Creative in all marketing campaigns;
- Liaising between the marketing and design teams to ensure deadlines are met;
- Revise content, approve/reject ideas, provide feedback to the team;
- Keeping up-to-date with industry developments;
- Thinking creatively and generate new exciting ideas.
- Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator;
- Bulk emailing systems (mail chimp);
- 5 years minimum commercial graphic design experience preferably in-house and/or freelance;
- Adobe InDesign;
- Knowledgable in HTML and CSS;
- Advanced ability in Adobe CS, Excel and Word including scripts and automated tasks;
- Coordinating team inputs;
- Advertisement Design;
- Ability in commercial studio photography & video – product shots and image retouching;
- Large-scale design reports and bid documents;
- Positive, reliable and flexible with a can-do attitude and excellent time management skills;
- Design Creation;
- Illustration ability;
- Knowledge of design trends;
- Strong computer skills and excellent knowledge of Google Suite.