Carpenters Carpenters construct, repair, and install building frameworks and structures made from wood and other materials.
Carpenter Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Carpenter to join our team.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned;
- Ensure good relationships are built with internal and external customers;
- Ensure quality inspections are carried out in line with company standards;
- Build required items including specialty furniture;
- Operate and maintain carpentry tools and equipment;
- Keep a daily log of tasks;
- Take measurements, install fixtures, and make necessary adjustments;
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints;
- Cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material (e.g. fiberglass) according to measurements;
- Assisting in home inspections;
- Repairing motors, transformers, generators, and electronic controllers on machine tools and industrial robots;
- Using tools such as conduit benders, screwdrivers, pliers, knives, hacksaws, and wire strippers;
- Read blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements;
- Ensuring minor carpentry repairs and ironmongery or lock repairs;
- Inspect places and conduct repairs or maintenance.
- Good communication skills;
- Knowledge of mathematics;
- High school diploma;
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship or a minimum of four years’ experience as a journey-level carpenter;
- Additional certification may be required;
- Physically fit with good hand-eye coordination;
- Positive attitude;
- Minimum of 3 years working experience is required for this position;
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service;
- The job requires Male applicants only;
- Excellent grooming standards;
- A trade qualification (proof of qualification may be required) as a Carpenter;
- Knowledge of carpentry and building maintenance.