Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
Accounting Officer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Accounting Officer to join our team.
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to exceed sales quotas;
- Conduct site visits and evaluation of current client requirements and of future requirements;
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts);
- Prepare reports on account status;
- Document and track all customers’ issues into a database for strategic reviews;
- Prepares and records agents’ cash advances;
- Processes requisitions, payments, receipts and other necessary accounting activities, which may include sales invoicing and collections;
- Prepares requirements for filing of taxes, renewal of licenses and ensures submission of the same as scheduled;
- Prepares checks, calculating billing statements, coding documents, and compiling financial records;
- Maintaining accurate and complete financial records and participating in audits or reconciliations, as needed;
- Analyzing financial data and creating reports for management, stakeholders, and external parties, such as vendors or lenders;
- Evaluating, developing, and improving department controls, systems, and procedures increase accuracy and efficiency;
- Ensuring that all accounting processes align with GAAP and current financial legislation;
- Keeping informed about the latest developments in the finance industry;
- Hiring, training, and motivating accounting staff members while supervising and delegating department tasks.
- Knowledgeable with MS Office applications (particularly MS Excel);
- BA/BS Degree in Business Administration, Sales, or relevant field;
- Proven work experience as an Account Officer, Key Account Officer, Junior Account Officer, or other relevant experience;
- Financial Statement Analysis;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Strong knowledge in accounting and financial management;
- High level of efficiency and accuracy;
- exceptional math skills;
- Preferably with own motorcycle;
- Should be familiar with programs and software;
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Banking, Business Administration/Management or Mathematics or equivalent;
- Excellent leadership and communication skills;
- Communication and presentation skills;
- Computer Literacy / Basic Computer Skills.