Draughtsman CNC Programmer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Draughtsman CNC Programmer to join our team.
- Ensure drawings & CDP’s are produced within the agreed time frame to avoid delays in the progress of the job;
- Produce, update and maintain CNC programs for the laser machin;
- Perform nesting layouts for optimum use of steel plate & ensure material wastage is minimised;
- Enter all new drawings into the network soft-copy filing system (Kardex) to ensure they are readily recoverable;
- Implement engineering changes on standard product drawings, after consultation with production and engineering;
- Update existing drawings to ensure design revisions are captured;
- Compile BOM’s for standard parts ensuring accuracy of all data and ensuring standard drawings are in production areas;
- Comply with standard drawing office practice to ensure uniformity of drawings;
- Produce detailed design drawings of components to ensure the necessary manufacturing details can be interpreted;
- Adhere to health and safety standards in compliance with company policy and legislation;
- Check own drawings for dimensional accuracy & compatibility of parts & to ensure errors are not carried through to production;
- Ensure that the quality of designs are practical and in line with standard product designs.
- Draughting Diploma from a recognised tertiary institution;
- Driver’s License;
- Computer Literacy (MS Office Suite);
- Practical knowledge of Inventor, AutoCAD and TruTOPS CNC Software;
- Knowledge of quality assurance management systems;
- At least 3 years drawing office experience with exposure in tolerances, limits and fits, welding symbols and surface finishes;
- Proven experience in generating mechanical and structural detailed drawings that have been fabricated and successfully installed;
- Grade 12 (Matric).