The Area Sales Manager designs and recommends sales and marketing programs and sets short- and long-term sales strategies. Manages and directs a sales force to achieve sales and profit goals within a district. Being an Area Sales Manager typically reports to a regional sales manager. Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related area. The Area Sales Manager supervises a group of primarily para-professional level staffs. May also be a level above a supervisor within high volume administrative/ production environments. Makes day-to-day decisions within or for a group/small department. Has some authority for personnel actions. Thorough knowledge of department processes. Working as an Area Sales Manager typically requires 3-5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
Area Sales Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Area Sales Manager to join our team.
- Coordinate with the product management for new project opportunities and coordinate with the admixture system technical department for the trial mix;
- Providing regular reports of the area sales activities and training;
- Develop strong client relationships that provide significant inputs to planning products, price and service strategies;
- Participating in sales strategy discussions for assigned area, agree short- and long-term goals and negotiates the Product Group sales budget;
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business;
- Coordinate and work with the product management, technical or logistic personnel to solve customer complaints;
- Analyzing customer needs and competitor offers through general market information and information provided by local sales organization;
- Identify market trends and new business opportunities and conducts initial market analysis if necessary and requested.
- Preferably a graduate of Civil Engineering or Architecture;
- At least 3 years experience in sales management with proven sales track record in construction industry;
- Experience in planning & executing sales or marketing strategies with results;
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage GSK and distributor sales force and third-party agencies;
- Excellent communication skill & should be very good in local language;
- Customer Service;
- 3 – 5 years’ experience;
- Sales and Marketing Knowledge;
- Good financial understanding of P&L and sales forecast;
- Marketing Communications;
- Drive and initiative, self-motivated, results and actions oriented;
- Relevant years of experience in managing FMCG/FMCH sales;
- Amenable to work in South Luzon areas;
- Products to be handled : Power EPC, Packages for Power Projects, Boilers;
- Position type (Choose) : Full Time.