Plan, direct, or coordinate marketing policies and programs, such as determining the demand for products and services offered by a firm and its competitors, and identify potential customers. Develop pricing strategies with the goal of maximizing the firm’s profits or share of the market while ensuring the firm’s customers are satisfied. Oversee product development or monitor trends that indicate the need for new products and services.
Marketing Director Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Marketing Director to join our team.
- Ensure lead generation/opportunity creation targets are forecasted and met;
- Participate as a thought leader and driver of cross-functional collaboration and strategy for the South African region;
- Be a strong mentor, manager and leader of the field and channel marketing team;
- Ensure field marketing adheres to global brand marketing standards;
- Create a cadence of regular reporting to track performance and measure ROI, and adjust as needed;
- Be accountable for and ensuring the flow of leads to support the sales goals;
- Manage field & channel budget with an eye on investing in great ideas that produce results;
- Be a key conduit of information between the field teams and corporate marketing and other go-to-market functions.
- Proven track record of hitting and exceeding marketing KPIs, including conversion rate targets;
- Can distinguish compelling content from boring, jargon-infested junk;
- Operations and process-driven mindset (you can develop and execute marketing plans);
- 3+ years of experience doing B2B marketing for a software, technology-driven company, or startup;
- Past success running multichannel marketing campaigns, using email marketing, social media, and content marketing;
- Data-driven with a deep understanding of marketing metrics (you know the difference between real metrics and vanity ones).