Security Supervisor I supervises a team of security personnel. Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure protection from intruders, fire hazards, theft, and vandalism. Being a Security Supervisor I develops emergency procedures, responds to incidents, and resolves problems or requests assistance of local authorities. A level I supervisor is considered a working supervisor with little authority for personnel actions. Additionally, Security Supervisor I may require a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. Working team member that may validate or coordinate the work of others on a support team. Suggests improvements to process, is a knowledge resource for other team members. Has no authority for staff actions. Thorough knowledge of the team processes. Generally has a minimum of 2 years experience as an individual contributor.
Security Supervisor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Security Supervisor to join our team.
- Train and supervise the Security Team, organize work schedules, and ensure all policies are followed;
- Maintain all documents and key systems to legal and Company requirements;
- Conduct regular briefings with the Security Team;
- Constant vigilance of hotel operations and premises;
- Recommend improvements in surveillance, security, and fire systems;
- Review, quickly and thoroughly, any incidents with the intention of preventing re-occurrences.
- Has a diverse appreciation of various cultures of the land;
- Previous security experience, preferably working within an industry which monitored large volumes of people movement;
- With firearm training and possesses Permit To Carry Firearm;
- Current and working knowledge (proof of valid qualifications required) of fire, safety, and first aid;
- A College degree holder;
- Experience in planning, organizing, and enforcing security systems;
- Excellent personal presentation;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.