Warehouse Manager manages all warehouse activities. Oversees all receiving and distribution operations. Being a Warehouse Manager plans and monitors optimal space utilization and efficient inventory flow. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Additionally, Warehouse Manager typically reports to a head of a unit/department. The Warehouse Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be a Warehouse Manager typically requires 5-7 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
Warehouse Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Warehouse Manager to join our team.
- Provides materials, equipment, and supplies by directing receiving, warehousing, and distribution services; supervising staff;
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with the data storage system;
- Coordinates with the manufacturing and traffic departments with regards to transfer and dispatch of finished goods;
- Maintains storage area by organizing floor space; adhering to storage design principles; recommending improvements;
- Coordinates with the import/purchasing department with regards to incoming deliveries of raw materials and supplies;
- Manage the warehouse labor force efficiently and economically;
- Ensure efficient warehouse process and scheduling;
- Manage customer support. Plan and support activities;
- Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company policies;
- Shall see to it that you are knowledgeable on the EXACT system procedure;
- Maintains the highest standards of customer service by immediately attending and resolving customer issues on product preparation before dispatch;
- Ensures the maximum utilization of warehouse facilities;
- Monitor the daily warehouse activity;
- Assists and supports the VP-Manufacturing towards the achievement of the departmental and corporate medium to long-term goals and objectives;
- Moves inventory by scheduling materials to be moved to and from the warehouse; coordinating inventory transfers with related departments.
- Equipment Maintenance;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees;
- Diploma in Warehouse Management;
- Knowledge of the manufacturing operation is ideal;
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills;
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills;
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a warehousing role;
- Leadership skills and ability to manage staff;
- Communication skills;
- Effective leadership skills;
- At least 3-5 years experience in logistics and warehouse;
- At least 5 years relevant experience in Warehouse Management preferably in FMCG;
- Hands-on experience with warehouse management software and databases;
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.