The Logistics Operations Manager creates procedures for logistics management to optimize product workflow and minimize cost. Manages and plans for logistics policies, objectives, and initiatives. Being a Logistics Operations Manager typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Has responsibilities for vendor selection and negotiation, distribution, transportation, and inventory control. In addition, Logistics Operations Manager typically reports to a senior manager. The Logistics Operations Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. Working as a Logistics Operations Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Logistics Operations Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Logistics Operations Manager to join our team.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services;
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle;
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency;
- Complying with laws, regulations and ISO requirements;
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements;
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets;
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers;
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints;
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce.
- Must have Supervisory/5 Yrs & Up Experienced Employee specialized in Logistics/Supply Chain or equivalent;
- Problem Solving;
- Working schedule is from Mondays to Fridays, 815AM to 530PM;
- Operations Research;
- organizing and planning;
- Have good understanding of customs rules and regulation in the Philippines and GCC;
- Strong knowledge of important of agricultural products from the Philippines;
- Possess at least Bachelor’s/College Degree;
- Must be able to conduct 1:1 coaching & mentoring;
- Willing to work from Monday-Saturday (operations side);
- Willing to be based in Davao, Philippines;
- Will handle Makati & Cavite Office;
- Warehousing Management;
- At least 3 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position;
- Have a good knowledge in packaging, shelf life and others of agricultural products.