Integration Engineer I develops and implements solutions integrating applications across the enterprise or its units/departments. Evaluates existing components or systems to determine integration requirements and to ensure final solutions meet organizational needs. Being an Integration Engineer I requires C++ or Java; XML; EDI or OBI; Oracle or Microsoft SQL. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Integration Engineer I typically reports to a manager. The Integration Engineer I works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. To be an Integration Engineer I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Integration Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Integration Engineer to join our team.
- Work closely with development teams to architect, design, build, and implement application integrations;
- Software subsystems, ensuring they all work smoothly as a unit with a 100% uptime. Continually define and enforce technical integration standards;
- Advise software & data teams on performance, scalability, reliability, monitoring and other operational concerns of integration solutions;
- Design reusable components, frameworks, standards and processes to support and facilitate API and integration projects;
- Write technical integration requirements as needed;
- Clearly understand client short and long-term goals and recommend solutions;
- Provide training and mentoring to development teams on how to use Dell Boomi;
- Consolidate and migrate all legacy batch orientated processes to Boomi within the first 24 months;
- Integrating designs, flows and processes;
- Help trouble shoot critical production issues;
- Industrialize solutions with DEVOPS;
- Supervise various activities for all integration of software applications for systems and ensure adherence to a technical architecture;
- Evaluate existing integration solutions and provide input for performance evaluations.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle, including continuous integration & delivery using DevOps tools;
- Experience integrating with Cloud/SaaS/PaaS solutions, APIs, and integration with legacy applications;
- Experience using cloud technologies like Amazon Web Services (AWS) beneficial;
- 2 years’ experience in developing and delivering integration and data migration projects using Dell Boomi;
- Solid experience with microservices architecture and API development using Dell Boomi;
- Experience using Java & Groovy beneficial for extending the Dell Boomi platform;
- Experience using Microsoft SSIS beneficial;
- Experience in working in Agile teams.