Health & Safety Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Health & Safety Assistant to join our team.
- Assisting in ensuring implementation of Macro’s health, safety, environmental and quality management processes on site;
- Taking necessary action for any safety violations or property damage;
- Assisting in ensuring that adequate fire management and fire or emergency evacuation procedures and arrangements are in place at the site;
- Daily monitoring of the site to identify any unsafe conditions and behaviours;
- Familiarisation with the site plant and conditions and any risks associated with these;
- Ensuring that the inspection of any workplace area is conducted before the commencement of works and after the completion of works;
- Assisting in ensuring that appropriate first aid facilities are available on site and that they are being used correctly.
- Experience of management systems – OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 standards;
- Willingness to share knowledge;
- Experienced IT skills including use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel etc.);
- Ability to interface with customers or clients if required;
- Ability to work under pressure to meet objectives and deadlines;
- Ability to deliver toolbox talks to technicians and contractor;
- Knowledge and experience of accident and incident investigation and cause analysis and be able to assist with an investigation;
- Ability to be assertive with site contractors and technicians;
- People Management Skills;
- Ability to develop and implement HSE action plans;
- Team player but with ability to work on own initiative;
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Willingness to take or share responsibility or ownership of tasks and issues not strictly within normal job scope or field of work;
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment.