Roll Forming Machine Operator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Roll Forming Machine Operator to join our team.
- May butt-weld ends of coil together to form continuous feed and verify coolant levels in machine and oil and grease moving parts as specified;
- Responsible for efficient machine operation to ensure less rejects and operational downtime;
- sets distance points between rolls, guides, meters, and stops, according to specifications;
- directs and trains other workers to change rolls, operate mill equipment, removes coils and cobbles, and band and load materials;
- Positions spindles to align male and female roller dies and adjusts rolls to thickness of metal, using feelers, rule, shims, gauges, and hand tools;
- Examines, inspects, and measures raw materials and finished products to verify conformance to specifications;
- Starts machine, observes operation, and verifies dimensions of finished products, using micrometers, gauges, and rule.
- Passed ITI / Secondary school / Equivalent;
- Excellent hands on knowledge of Roll Forming machine operation, trouble shooting & machine adjustments and electrical operation;
- Executing the Slitting machine with accuracy to achieve the required slitting plan;
- 2-4 YEARS experience IN relevant role;
- Structured thought process & analytical approach;
- Communicative and open minded.