Purchasing Manager manages all purchasing activities and establishes strategic purchasing processes and procedures. Maintains relationship with vendors or suppliers and negotiates contracts for major purchases. Being a Purchasing Manager evaluates and analyzes purchasing trend and price trend to identify forecasting demand and minimize purchasing costs. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Purchasing Manager typically reports to a senior manager. The Purchasing Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be a Purchasing Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Purchasing Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Purchasing Manager to join our team.
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies;
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power;
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries;
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms;
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking;
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks;
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand;
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers;
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation;
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness;
- Hire team members;
- Assist in developing more effective invoicing and collecting processes;
- Propose improvements to the current purchasing system that will improve vendor relationships and lower the cost of doing business;
- Take the lead in creating profitable ways to manage obsolete and slow-moving stock to help offset losses.
- Required language(s): English, Filipino;
- Must have above average communication skills;
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree in Engineering (Material Science), Engineering (Industrial), or its equivalent;
- People management;
- Willing to work in LIIP Mamplasan, Binan Laguna;
- Wide range of network;
- Persuasion and Negotiation;
- Degree holder (preferrably licensed engineer);
- organizing and planning;
- Excellent leadership skills;
- Strong analytical and planning skills;
- Advanced oral and written communication;
- Competitive salary package;
- Communication skills;
- Knowledge of purchasing and warehousing functions.