Plan, implement, and coordinate safety programs, requiring application of engineering principles and technology, to prevent or correct unsafe environmental working conditions.
Safety Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Safety Manager to join our team.
- Initiates appropriate safety preventive and corrective actions immediately and whenever necessary;
- Develops the company’s safety, health, security and environment (HSSE) policies and guidelines;
- Ensures proper implementation of health, safety, security and environmental procedures and training programs;
- Promotes safety awareness and accident prevention at the construction site and throughout all stages of construction;
- Establishes an HSSE organization, ensuring all areas are with assigned Safety Officers to implement effective safety procedures;
- Reviews and analyze all accident reports and assures that the necessary actions have been applied without undue delay;
- Attends field operations coordination inspection and safety meetings to assure compliance to Safety, health and environment regulations;
- Develops and presents training programs for safety promotion and accident prevention;
- Provides appropriate HSSE training to all employees;
- Administers appropriate safe work practices and procedures;
- Evaluates working conditions, safe work practices and develops recommendations.
- Capable of training and with Construction Occupational Safety and Health (COSH) certificate;
- Must have at least five (5) years of related experience in the construction industry;
- Extensive skills in occupational Safety and Health and Environment;
- Willing to work in Metro Manila;
- Preferably with experience in an industrial plant, jetty, ports, harbor, general building works;
- BS Engineering or related course graduate;
- With strong leadership skills and can relate effectively to all types of people in the organization;
- Capable of teaching and training people;
- Graduate of BS Mechanical or Electrical or Civil Engineering course, preferably licensed;
- At least ten years in the same capacity from a construction company;
- Must have licenses/certifications in OSH Practitioner, preferably Registered Engineer or OSH Consultant.