Plan, direct, or coordinate human resources activities and staff of an organization.
HR Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a HR Manager to join our team.
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program;
- Injury on duty / Compensation Commissioner;
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics;
- Wage agreements;
- Provide an effective HR service onboard which is pragmatic, commercial, solution focused and provides a professional HR service to the fleet/ship;
- Work in close collaboration with the Onboard Learning & Development Officer to provide suitable and relevant training for the ship team;
- Managing and conducting an efficient Recruitment Process;
- Takes charge in the maintenance and updating of personnel records;
- Reports to Regional HR Lead;
- To be the first point of contact for all HR-related queries from the organisation;
- Partnering with the business in driving change programs to achieve greater efficiency and effectiveness;
- Acting as the primary point of contact for graduate level candidates, educational institutions and the business;
- Disciplinary processes;
- Supporting employee relations by providing guidelines and clarifications on policies and their application;
- Keep up to date with the latest legal requirements and regulations affecting human resources.
- Skilled at building, maintaining, and leveraging relationships with Senior Leaders;
- Degree in Human Resources;
- Minimum of 6+ years progressive experience in Human Resources. Experience leading teams directly or indirectly preferred;
- Experience in human resources or related field;
- Graduate of BS/AB Psychology or Management graduate;
- At least 5 years working experience in human resources functional experience;
- Ability to give presentations;
- Possess at least Degree in Human Resources, Business Administrative or equivalent;
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills;
- Graduate of Psychology and or any behavioral science course/business course;
- With a high-level of work quality and professionalism;
- Strong executive presence;
- Candidates must be a Bachelor’s Degree graduate of Psychology, Behavioral Science, Human Resource Management or any related field;
- Experience in educating and coaching staff.