Plan, direct, or coordinate the operations of public or private sector organizations. Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources, but are too diverse and general in nature to be classified in any one functional area of management or administration, such as personnel, purchasing, or administrative services.
Operations Director Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Operations Director to join our team.
- Provides leadership by directing the efforts of personnel involved in providing a variety of support to the Projects;
- Coordinates with related areas in finance and project controls;
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress;
- Responsible for the overall performance of the assigned departments and functions;
- Acts as the channel of communications with the Client and the KBR wider management and other stakeholders as necessary;
- Guides the development and implementation of system improvements;
- Grow the UAE Operations in accordance with the Business Plan;
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors;
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability;
- Conduct all business in accordance with KBR Zero Harm and HSE objectives;
- Monitors the projects finances and Client relationship of all projects in the location;
- Under general direction, responsible for evaluating and managing projects commercial performance and risks;
- Oversee Client support processes and organize them to enhance Client satisfaction;
- Develops and implements performance standards and internal controls;
- Insures awareness and monitors employee compliance with all applicable company directives, policies, and procedures.
- Fluent in english language;
- Capable of managing multinational Clients;
- Have the ability to seek, recognize and develop opportunities for creating competitive advantage, developing new business and developing new markets;
- Working knowledge in the Oil and Gas Industry and preferably in the Middle East;
- Very good written and oral communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Background check is required for this position;
- Proven experience as Director of Operations or equivalent position;
- Possess excellent leadership qualities to run the business in most efficient ways;
- Understanding annual, long term and strategic business plans and goals;
- Strong leadership and motivational skills.